Not sure how to find the right Gynecomastia surgeon? Start by going online to research the condition and potential treatments. Next, look at the Gynecomastia surgeons in your area. Make sure their websites are up-to-date, include Before/After photos, and clearly explain the surgeon’s education, experience, and credentials. If you are happy with what you see, it is time to schedule a consultation.
Your first appointment with a Gynecomastia surgeon provides a time to begin building a mutually trusting relationship. During this appointment, do not be afraid to speak up and ask questions. This is your body that is being discussed! The surgeon should show patience with your concerns and not rush through the appointment. To make sure you do not forget any important questions, Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery has put together a checklist to bring to the first appointment.
Checklist of Questions to Ask During Your Consultation:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Do you have specific training in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of training do you have?
- Do you have hospital privileges at an accredited facility?
- Am I a candidate for a Male Breast Reduction procedure?
- Where will my procedure be performed?
- What technique will be used for my Gynecomastia procedure?
- What can I expect from my recovery period?
- Will I need assistance during my recovery?
- What are the risks associated with Male Breast Reduction?
- How do you handle surgical complications?
- What are my options should I be dissatisfied with the outcome of my surgery?
- What results are reasonable for me to expect?
- Will there be scarring?
- What will the full cost be, and do you offer medical financing?
The Consultation at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery:
Schedule your consultation at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery. At this time, Dr. Vitenas will review your medical history, perform a quick physical exam, and fully explain the Male Breast Reduction procedure. He will share additional Before/After photographs, and use computer imagery, to assist you in visualizing the potential results. As a team, it will be decided if Gynecomastia surgery is right for you. Then, when you are comfortable, a personalized surgical plan will be created.
Call our Richmond Avenue location at (281) 668-7370 to have your Gynecomastia questions answered, and to schedule a consultation appointment.